In Traditional Chinese Medicine, summer corresponds with the Fire element. Do you know what organ is associated with this element? The heart of course! The corresponding emotion? Joy! Here are some ways you can nourish your Fire element:
- Do more things daily that bring your joy.
- Surround yourself with relationships that make you smile and feel loved.
- Create a home environment that generates a feeling of peace and serenity.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Inject some fun, joy, and play into your life (see my previous blog post “Play Your Way to Better Health”).
- Choose foods that are nourishing to the Fire element, such as cucumber, leafy greens, salads, fruits and best of all-dark chocolate!
- Drink some herbal (caffeine-free) teas like mint, chamomile, lemon balm, and skullcap.
- Foster self-love by being kind to yourself and turning up the volume on your inner cheerleader