I wanted to send you a quick reminder to maintain a positive yet grounded outlook on the situation. Remain confident in your health and hygiene habits, and avoid jumping on the bandwagon of mass hysteria.
Simple strategies such as eating well (lots of colourful fruits and veggies, quality proteins & healthy fats), going to bed early, regular physical activity, and maintaining a strong mind, are all key to keeping your immunity & mood healthy. Use this opportunity to spend less time in public crowds, and more time connecting deeply with yourself. Journal, read, write, create, meditate, or go for a walk. Consider catching up with family and friends via phone, text or Face Time.
Additional Preventive Measures:
- Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand. Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined waste basket and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean high-touch surfaces frequently with regular household cleaners or diluted bleach (a 9/1 water-to-bleach ratio is recommended)
- Avoid physical contact and getting too close to others, including shaking hands and hugging.
- If you are a healthy individual, the use of a mask is not recommended for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Need More Information?
The Centres for Disease Control has some great handouts with reminders and precautions click here to access. The Ministry of Health & Long-term Health Care is also a valuable resource with up-to-date-information. Click here to access.
If you are concerned you may be experiencing symptoms, please contact Telehealth @ 1-866-797-0000 .
I will continue to maintain my utmost care in offering a hygienic and safe clinic. Please note, I remain open for business in whatever capacity makes you feel most comfortable (in-person, telephone, or virtual appointment). If you are experiencing a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing; please contact me prior to your visit so we can make appropriate arrangements.