With the holiday season getting into full swing, I realize that the risk of overindulgence is high for many. Should you find yourself suffering from a holiday hangover, please consider the following tips:
- Stay well hydrated and ensure you are eating throughout the night. Fattier meals take longer to digest and can help slow absorption of alcohol.
- Sulfur rich foods such as eggs (especially the yolk), broccoli, garlic, and onions help detoxify your liver.
- Drink some milk thistle tea to help sooth an overindulged liver (this tea has a very mild taste and can be purchased at your local health food store).
- Drink a glass of orange juice. The vitamin C acts as an antioxidant which helps prevent oxidative stress on the body caused from excess drinking.
- Massage your temples and the web between your 1st and 2nd toes. These areas correspond to acupuncture points that help manage a hangover.
Please remember to celebrate responsibly, know your limits, and always ensure you have a safe ride home!